Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made these for my son and some of his friends. These did not last long.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground venison
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup minced onion
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons seasoning, we use Old Bay but a Cajun seasoning would do fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- olive oil (for frying)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle grape jelly
- hot sauce
- Mix meat and remaining 8 ingredients together, well. Shape into 1 inch meatballs. In large frying pan, heat oil; brown meatballs and remove to drain.
- In large pot heat chili sauce, jelly and hot sauce until jelly is melted. Add meatballs and stir to coat. Simmer on low heat 15-20 minutes. Makes about 9 dozen meatballs. Good on eggs noodles or as snack food.
The only differently was that I did not use the ground pork. I had ground my venison with bacon and I thought that was enough. My boys thought this was wonderful. Made for ZWT7.
These were fantastic. The liquid smoke really made the difference. Made them for a Christmas party & everyone raved about them. My husband had the few leftovers over rice the next day. We will definitely make them again.
These meatballs were very good. I had some bulk breakfast sausage made from my deer so I used two pounds of it because it already had the pork in it. The meatballs went over so well everyone was asking if I could spare a few pounds of venison so they could make their own.