Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have been canning venison meat with this recipe for ages. My husband got this "family Secret" recipe from a friend. I guess it's not so secret anymore.
- Slightly brown meat with prefered cooking oil, on both sides, in frying pan.
- Place 1/2 an onion and 1 bay leaf in a sterilized jar.
- Fill with venison meat about 1" away from bottom of rim.
- Boil water, soup base and salt.
- Pour over meat in jar. Swish around with a sterilized knife to insure that meat is covered with liquid.
- Place lid loosely on jar. Place in canning pot and boil for 5 minutes.
- Secure lids and store.