Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this online a few years ago(don't remeber where). A great way to do something different with venison.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs venison (backstrap or tenderloin)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 green onions, with tops (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup consomme or 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup marsala wine (apple juice if you don't l want alcohol)
- chopped parsley
- Trim meat and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Combine flour, cheese, and salt.
- Dredge meat into flour mixture and shake off excess.
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter in skillet and brown meat 1 min on each side. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add to skillet remaining butter and melt. Add onions and mushrooms, saute until tender.
- Add consomme, lemon juice, and wine. Mix well.
- Return meat to skillet and cover.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- To serve, pour pan juices over meat and sprinkle with parsley. Nice served over rice, but that's up to you.
Excellent recipe. I used the Marsala, added more broth in order to have adequate liquid with the rice and it was great. When my wife says that she enjoys a venison recipe, I know that it has to be a winner !
Delicious! Super tender! Very Easy to prepare! Great change up for our venison. I'd give more stars if I could.
Very good! Cooked as instructed and came out tender and tasted great....thanks.