Recipe by Swan Valley Tammi
This is adapted from my favourite pork marinade recipe in the Company's Coming BBQ cookbook. It is definitely the best marinade I've tasted for pork, but one time when my in-laws were up for the weekend, I didn't have enough chops for all of us, so I added some venison chops as well. The pork turned out well -- like it usually does -- but the venison chops put them to shame! I highly recommend this for pork, but if you don't try it with deer meat, you're seriously missing out!!! (Prep time does not include turning the marinating meat periodically and because of the basting while barbequeing, cook time is not really 'passive time.')
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 pork chops, fat removed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix marinade ingredients well and cover chops or steaks.
- Allow to marinate for at least 45 minutes. (I always marinate mine overnight.).
- Cook on a greased grill over medium heat for about 25 minutes total time.
- Turn and baste while cooking.
- *Note: I find there's definitely a difference in the quality of lemon pepper seasonings out there, depending on brand. If the first ingredient in the seasoning blend is salt, decrease the amount used to 2 tablespoons.