Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
After years of preparing venison I have found that the strong flavors of dried herbs and spice gets into the meat far more than the use of fresh veggies. Here is my tried and true marinade for venison.
- 2 cups dry red wine, Syrah recommended
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -5 drops hot sauce, to your taste (optional)
- Mix all ingredients and pour over venison in glass or plastic container.
- Refrigerate 24 hours, turning occasionally (or 3-4 hours for cut up stewing meat).