Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
An old recipe my husband uses. Makes very tasty, tender kabobs. Marinate time is 48 hours.
Top Review by barefootmommawv
This is a very good marinade. I didn't allow it to marinade the full 48 but it still turned out very well. I also only used 1/2 cup of vegetable oil. We will be making this again. Thank you for a wonderful recipe.
- 2 lbs boneless venison sirloin, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry Burgundy wine
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion juice
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 24 small fresh mushrooms
- 4 small onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 -3 large green peppers, cut into 24 1 inch pieces
- hot cooked long grain and wild rice blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Put meat cubes into a shallow marinating container (I use my tupperware marinating container with lid so I can turn the container over during the marinating time); set aside.
- Combine the next 8 ingredients in a mixing bowl or large glass measuring cup; pour over meat.
- Cover and refrigerate 48 hours, stirring occasionally (or turn container over).
- Remove meat from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Alternately thread meat and vegetables on skewers; brush with marinade.
- Grill over medium-hot heat for 15 minutes; turn and baste frequently with marinade.
- Serve with rice.