Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
An old recipe my husband uses. Makes very tasty, tender kabobs. Marinate time is 48 hours.
Make and share this Venison Kabobs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs boneless venison sirloin, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry Burgundy wine
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion juice
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 24 small fresh mushrooms
- 4 small onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 -3 large green peppers, cut into 24 1 inch pieces
- hot cooked long grain and wild rice blend
- Put meat cubes into a shallow marinating container (I use my tupperware marinating container with lid so I can turn the container over during the marinating time); set aside.
- Combine the next 8 ingredients in a mixing bowl or large glass measuring cup; pour over meat.
- Cover and refrigerate 48 hours, stirring occasionally (or turn container over).
- Remove meat from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Alternately thread meat and vegetables on skewers; brush with marinade.
- Grill over medium-hot heat for 15 minutes; turn and baste frequently with marinade.
- Serve with rice.
This is a very good marinade. I didn't allow it to marinade the full 48 but it still turned out very well. I also only used 1/2 cup of vegetable oil. We will be making this again. Thank you for a wonderful recipe.