Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got the recipe from my Dad. We have been making Jerky for several years now. It is a spicy but great recipe. Very inexpensive compared to the store bought stuff.
- 6 lbs ground venison
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Morton Tender Quick salt
- 8 teaspoons table salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (can use extra)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 3 teaspoons Accent seasoning
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- Mix all ingredients together extremely well.
- Refrigerate for 3 days.
- Mix well once every day.
- Use a Jerky Gun to make strips and cook in a food dehydrator as directed by manufacture.
this is the best recipe i have found and used for ground venison, I'll keep using this and a couple of extras for years to come. Its simple and works great! Thank you Luv-2-Camp Mary
I tried this one pretty much as stated and really enjoyed the outcome. I was initially worried because I thought that the quantity of cardamom suggested would be too powerful, but it added just the right taste. Good job Mary!