Prep 24 hrs
Cook 6 hrs
- 2 lbs sliced venison, 1/8 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup corn whiskey
- 1 cup water
- Slice the meat when it is lightly frozen.
- The cuts should be long, thin and with the grain.
- Cut across the grain if you want more tender, but more brittle jerky.
- Trim off all of the fat.
- Marinate strips in a glass container overnight.
- You may substitute 2 cups of red wine for the corn whiskey and water.
- Pat dry and arrange pieces side by side on an oven roasting rack, with- out overlap.
- Cook at minimum heat (150F) for 6 hours.
- Leave oven door ajar to allow moisture to escape.
- Meat should be dark, dry and store jerky in a cool, airtight container.