- 5 lbs venison roast
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 15 teaspoons salt
- 1 ounce liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 3 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut venison 1 to 2 inches wide and 1/4-inch thick, 6 to 10 incheslong.
- Put in large mixing bowl and add sugar a little at a time Be sure to mix well.
- Mix brown sugar and all other spices and mix alltogether.
- Put in refrigerator approximately 6 to 8 hours.
- Take out and put in oven on racks, lightly pepper.
- Cook at a maximum of 150 degrees until completely dry, approximatly 8 hours.