Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 lbs venison
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Freeze venison until firm and solid enough to slice easily.
- Cut into 1/8-inch slices with a sharp knife or slicer.
- Then cut slices into.
- strips 1 1/2 inches wide.
- Meanwhile, blend remaining ingredients.
- and pour over venison strips that have been arranged in rows in a.
- shallow baking pan.
- Marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Drain well.
- Dehydrator: Cover trays with strips without overlapping.
- Dry 4 hours.
- at 140 degrees F.
- Turn strips and rotate trays.
- Dry another 6 to 8 hours.
- Well-dried jekry should be dark and fibrous looking and brittle.
- enough to splinter when bent in two.
- Sun: Drying meat or venison jerky is not recommended in most climates.
- Oven: Lay strips of marinated meat in rows over trays being careful.
- not to overlap strips.
- Dry at 110 F until strips will splinter on the.
- edges when bent in two, 18 to 24 hours.