Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A tasty and fairly simple recipe. I use elk or venison steaks. I have served this to company with great results.
- 14.79 ml butter
- 59.14 ml finely minced shallot
- 709.77 ml sliced button mushrooms
- 591.47 ml beef stock
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml season salt (I use Lawrys)
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml cracked black pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 453.59 g boneless venison steak, pounded to 1/4 Inch thick (4 4oz steaks)
- 2 eggs, Beaten
- 118.29 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml minced parsley
- lemon wedge
- In 2 quart Saucepan melt butter and sautee shallot until transparent. Add mushrooms and stir occasionally until mushrooms are tender.
- While mushrooms are sauteeing, in a separate bowl combine stock (cold) and 1/4°C Flour. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a bubble and stir continually until thickened. Stir in Seasoned salt and remove from heat and set aside.
- In 3 shallow dishes put 1/3 C flour, seasoned with salt & pepper in one, beaten eggs in another, and breadcrumbs in the last. Dip each pounded cutlet into the flour, then the eggs, then the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a 12 inch skillet and cook the steaks 4 to 6 minutes turning once until browned. Remove to paper towels then put on serving platter.
- Sprinkle finished steaks with lemon juice and pour gravy over. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.