Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For special occasions. Mushrooms may be added if wished.
Make and share this Venison in Red Wine Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil in a large casserole.
- Dust the venison in flour and seal on all sides.
- Add onions and celery and cook for a few minsutes.
- Add wine, stock cube chopped sage and enough water to almost cover.
- Put on the lid, bring to a simmer and put in a low oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Taste and adgust the seasoning and serve with roast potatoes, roast parsnips, carrots and peas.