- 1 lb ground deer meat (ground)
- 1 lb pork butt (ground)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (mix sugar and salt into homemade cure)
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace
- casing, soaked in water for two hours and rinsed thoroughly (place casing end over tap and letting water run through)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ingredients thoroughly and place meat mixture into food grinder gradually (This is better if you have two people).
- Place casing end over stuffing tube and hold.
- Turn grinder on and when casing starts to fill with air, stop machine and squeeze air out.
- Tie end off.
- Push meat thru steadily, filling casing.
- Let sausage coil as you fill.
- Gently pinch casing and twist 3-4 times.