Hungry in Michigan's Note:
I love venison, and got a great cookbook on this lean meat. I have been adjusting some of the recipes to my taste, so here is the first one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup plain yogurt, Greek style (for the dressing)
- 1 teaspoon dill (for the dressing)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (for the dressing)
- 1/2 cucumber (finely chopped for the dressing)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb venison tenderloin (cut into 2-inch X 1/4-inch slices)
- 2 1/2 small red onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 pita pockets
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 1Combine dressing and set aside. This includes: yogurt, dill, garlic powder, and cucumber.
- 2In 12" nonstick skillet, heat oil.
- 3Add garlic, onions, venison, and oregano. Cook for 4-6 minutes.
- 4Make sure the meat is no longer pink. I like to leave the onions a little crunchy. I like to salt the meat a little at this time.
- 5Assemble the pitas and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Venison Gyros
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.8
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 28.3 mg
- Sodium 399.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 33.4 g