Recipe by Hungry in Michigan
I love venison, and got a great cookbook on this lean meat. I have been adjusting some of the recipes to my taste, so here is the first one!
- 1 cup plain yogurt, Greek style (for the dressing)
- 1 teaspoon dill (for the dressing)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (for the dressing)
- 1⁄2 cucumber (finely chopped for the dressing)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb venison tenderloin (cut into 2-inch X 1/4-inch slices)
- 2 1⁄2 small red onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 pita pockets
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dressing and set aside. This includes: yogurt, dill, garlic powder, and cucumber.
- In 12" nonstick skillet, heat oil.
- Add garlic, onions, venison, and oregano. Cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Make sure the meat is no longer pink. I like to leave the onions a little crunchy. I like to salt the meat a little at this time.
- Assemble the pitas and enjoy!