1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 40 mins
Chef #1023897's Note:
This is a merging of several recipes I have for golumpki casserole. Great way to use up the cabbage from the garden and feed your family for several nights in a row!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1- preheat oven to 350 degrees;.
- 2- Cut cabbage into chunks; put into a 13-x9" or larger roasting pan;.
- 3- Chop the onion and shred the cheese;.
- 4- brown the venison and chopped onion in the olive oil (in a large skillet); set aside.
- 5- combine the soup, tomato paste, tomatoes and water in a medium sauce pan and heat to boiling.
- 6- Add the tomato mixture and cooked rice to the browned venison and onions - stir to fully blend;.
- 7- Spread the mixture evenly over the cabbage and cover (aluminum foil is fine).
- 8- Bake at 350 degrees for 1- 1.5 hours.
- 9- Spread cheese on top and bake another 10 minutes to melt/brown the cheese.
- 10Serve with some hearty bread and a salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Venison Golumpki Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.1
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 60.1 mg
- Sodium 471.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 19.0 g