Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
This is a merging of several recipes I have for golumpki casserole. Great way to use up the cabbage from the garden and feed your family for several nights in a row!
- 1 head cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 small onion
- 8 ounces tomato soup
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 16 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- - preheat oven to 350 degrees;.
- - Cut cabbage into chunks; put into a 13-x9" or larger roasting pan;.
- - Chop the onion and shred the cheese;.
- - brown the venison and chopped onion in the olive oil (in a large skillet); set aside.
- - combine the soup, tomato paste, tomatoes and water in a medium sauce pan and heat to boiling.
- - Add the tomato mixture and cooked rice to the browned venison and onions - stir to fully blend;.
- - Spread the mixture evenly over the cabbage and cover (aluminum foil is fine).
- - Bake at 350 degrees for 1- 1.5 hours.
- - Spread cheese on top and bake another 10 minutes to melt/brown the cheese.
- Serve with some hearty bread and a salad.