Recipe by Aunt Paula
I found this recipe in an old issue of TOH magazine, and since I have a freezer full of venison, thought I would give it a try. It was a huge hit with the whole family! You can add all kinds of yummy stuff to this. The original poster was Daniell Rissinger. The prep time includes the time for marinading.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs venison steak or 1 1⁄2 lbs elk steaks, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese or 2 cups cheddar cheese
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add meat.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Drain and discard marinade.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in 1 tablespoon oil until.
- crisp-tender; remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil; stir-fry meat for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Return vegetables to pan; heat through.
- Spoon over tortillas, top with cheese, sour cream, and salsa, fold in sides.