Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is our favorite jerky recipe. It is a bit different than others because of the Creole seasoning.
- 2 lbs venison
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons barbecue seasoning (we use Bad Byrons Butt Rub)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons creole seasoning (we use Old Bay)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (more if you like it hot)
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- Mix all ingredients except venison.
- Cut venison into 1/4 inch thick strips (easier if partially frozen).
- Place venison in zip lock bag and add marinade.
- Marinate 24 hours.
- Dehydrate until meat bends but does not break (6-8 hours).