Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very inexpensive meal if your hunter has been successful. Also good for moose, reindeer, antelope or elk. From the Western chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Cooking time is approximate.
- Rub steaks with salt and pepper; roll in bread crumbs.
- Melt fat in skillet and fry meat until well browned on both sides.
- Place meat on a hot platter.
- Make a gravy using currant jelly; pour over steaks.
- Serve with currant jelly or apples simmered in port wine.