Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Great variation on chili, especially for those who prefer no beans.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed & chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 2 (28 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can rotel, tomatoes & chilies (Ro-tel is great)
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn (sweet, white it best)
- Brown the venison in the EVOO and toss in the garlic, onion & jalapeno until the onion is clear. If using a slow cooker transfer now and add remaining ingredients except corn. Set on low and simmer 2 hours or longer if desired. About 30 minutes before serving, add bag of frozen corn and allow chili to return to hot. The corn will be perfectly cooked and still sweet, a great compliment to the heat of this chili.
I just threw it all in a pot, so it was fast and easy. Tasted wonderful, more like a taco soup than a chili. Will definitely be keeping this recipe.