Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Easy! You can use beef instead of venison.This can also be made stove top or in a dutch oven.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small hot green chili pepper, minced (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs venison, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3⁄4 lb ground venison (or ground pork)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons ground chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- Put all except beans into slow cooker on low for 4 hours.
- Add beans 1 more hour.
- Serve on a bed of rice, topped the grated sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, salsa, avocados, and or more Chili peppers.
This is the first recipe that I have made from Food.com. I made it tonight :) I am a beginning cook and have tried a few other chili recipes but this one blows them all out of the water. The only change I made was that I used 2 pounds of ground venison with beef fat instead of the cuts of venison the recipe called for. I also browned the meat first. My boyfriend absolutely loved it too and that's what I was aiming for :)
This was very good. I did have to add salt to it though because I didn't have any beans in the house at all, which made my hubby happy. I will be making this again as it is simple to make and tastes good too.
Our entire family enjoyed this delicious and easy to prepare dish.