Prep 1 hr
Cook 4 hrs
Mom's Venison Chili Recipe that we use every year when we have fresh Venison
Make and share this Venison Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground venison
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion
- garlic salt
- 16 ounces whole tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- celery salt
- Brown 2 lbs Venison in the butter, add onion and garlic (salt/powder). Add 1 big can of tomato puree, 1 can of whole tomatoes, chopped green pepper, 1 big can of kidney beans. Add to taste salt, garlic (salt/powder), chili powder and celery salt.
- Add to slow cooker and cook until chili is to the consistency of your liking.
This was really good. My first time using venison burger and I could tell no difference than beef. I made as stated but I used pinto beans, personal preferance.