Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
A Texas-style chili that'll knock your boots off.
- 3⁄4 lb venison
- 3⁄4 lb beef
- 1⁄2 lb pork
- 2 whole tomatoes, scored, blanched, peeled, and finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chile pequins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 serrano peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 1⁄3 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken stock
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- Coarsely grind ½ lb each venison, beef and pork. Cube remaining beef and venison to ½ inch.
- Brown the garlic and onion in oiled saucepot. Add the meat and brown mixture.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for 3 hours.
- Remove bay leaves and serve.