Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very good chili recipe. Can be used with beef also. We serve over egg noodles (my choice) or rice (my husband's choice).
- 2 lbs ground venison
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 medium onions, diced
- red peppers or jalapeno
- Brown venison (drain if using beef).
- Combine next 5 items and add to meat.
- Mix well.
- Add next 7 items and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 1½ to 2 hours.
Good chili recipe that plays well with venison. It doesn't hid the venison flavor that much like most venison chilis. I had never thought of adding balsamic vinegar to chili before and it added a nice layer to the flavor. I used plain tomato sauce rather than ketchup because I only realised when I started it that I didn't have any plain ketchup. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring 2012.
Nice recipe. MAde a few changes turing out great. Red wine instead of balsamic vinegar, 5 cloves of garlic (cut the "wild" taste) added 1lb cubed bacon. thanks for the guidence Bus Mom.