Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from a Taste of Home cookbook. Neighbor gave me some ground venison, had to figure a way of using it. Very tasty dip. Good to munch on while watching a football game. I've listed it "as is," but would recommend a little less chili sauce and a little more garlic when you make it. My kids loved it as did I. BTW, I added a little hot sauce to my serving- very good!
- 453.59 g ground venison
- 177.44 ml onion, chopped, divided
- 177.44 ml green pepper, chopped, divided
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 425.24 g bottle chili sauce
- 425.24 g can chili without beans
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- nacho chip
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook venison, 1/2 cup onion and 1/2 cup green pepper in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in next six ingredients; cook until the cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, remaining onion and pepper.
- Serve with nacho chips.