Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from a Taste of Home cookbook. Neighbor gave me some ground venison, had to figure a way of using it. Very tasty dip. Good to munch on while watching a football game. I've listed it "as is," but would recommend a little less chili sauce and a little more garlic when you make it. My kids loved it as did I. BTW, I added a little hot sauce to my serving- very good!
- 1 lb ground venison
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped, divided
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- nacho chip
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook venison, 1/2 cup onion and 1/2 cup green pepper in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in next six ingredients; cook until the cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, remaining onion and pepper.
- Serve with nacho chips.