Top Review by Carla F
Waaaaay too much tomato! If the tomato juice was omitted it might have been better. The "venison balls" fell apart in the soup, I would suggest browning them off before adding to soup.
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, mashed
- 18 ounces tomato juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 cup finely rolled saltine crumbs
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in margarine and set aside to cool.
- Place onion, garlic, tomatoes, tomato juice, tomato sauce, beans, Worcestershire, basil and pepper in large covered kettle.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Combine eggs, Parmesan, thyme, crackers and browned venison.
- Mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- When soup has simmered for 30 minutes, stir in cabbage and drop in venison cheese balls.
- Cover and simmer for another 30 minutes.