Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
from allrecipes.com. posting for safe keeping!
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons morton tender quick
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 3 lbs lean ground venison
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- Stir the water, curing mixture, mustard seed, garlic powder, black pepper, and liquid smoke in a large bowl until the curing mixture has dissolved. Mix in the ground venison, Cheddar cheese, and jalapeno peppers; mix until evenly blended and somewhat sticky, about 3 minutes. Divide the mixture in half, and roll each half into 2 inch thick logs. Wrap each log tightly with aluminum foil, and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then remove the foil from the sausage logs, and place them onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F (75 degrees C), 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Cool the sausages on a rack until they have cooled to room temperature. Dab occasionally with a paper towel to absorb excess grease. Slice thinly to serve.