Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I came up with this recipe on the fly. It is great pan fried and very, very good on the grill.
- 1 lb 80% lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's, but any sauce will work)
- salt & pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Form into 4-6 patties, (depends on how big you want your hamburgers.) Refrigerate for at least an hour so flavors can blend.
- Heat a large skillet or the B-B-QUE grill to medium high heat. Cook burgers 4-6 minutes per side or until desired doneness is achieved.
- Can be served on buns with favorite toppings or as a main dish served with favorite sides.
If you like italian seasoning, you'll love these venison burgers. I found the seasoning to be a little overpowering... I think next time I'll substitute a different seasoning....otherwise they were great!