1 hr 20 mins
Domestic Goddess's Note:
A very good meatloaf, made with ground venison, lean ground beef, eggs, onion, green bell peppers, rolled oats, tomato juice, prepared horseradish, ketchup and spices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup crisco butter flavor shortening
- 1 large onion, diced (about 3/4-1 cup)
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 lb lean ground beef (like sirloin or ground round)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- black pepper, desired amount
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 cup rolled quick oats
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray the inside of a 13x9-inch glass pyrex baking dish with a no-stick cooking spray.
- 3In a small skillet, melt the shortening. Add the diced onion and green peppers. Saute for 5 minutes, then set aside.
- 4DO NOT DRAIN OFF THE GREASE FROM THE SAUTEED VEGETABLES, THIS WILL HELP TO KEEP THE MEATLOAF MOIST.
- 5In a bowl mix together, the venison, sirloin, mustard, seasoned salt, pepper, eggs, horseradish, quick oats, the sauteed onion and peppers, and the tomato juice.
- 6Place loaf mixture into the pyrex baking dish. Shape into a rectangular loaf.
- 7Top loaf with the 1 cup of ketchup.
- 8Bake in oven for 1 hour.
- 9After removing loaf from oven, set on stove for 5 minutes, before slicing; then serve.
Browse Our Top Wild Game Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Venison-Beef Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.1
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 154.4 mg
- Sodium 591.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 31.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lawry's Seasoned Salt