Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a great EASY meal that your whole family will love! Just cook the venison and add your favorite BBQ sauce :-)
- 1 -3 lb venison (depending on your family size)
- 6 -8 cups water
- salt & pepper (optional)
- onion (optional)
- sweet baby rays barbecue sauce
- hamburger bun
- Combine venison meat, water, onion, salt and pepper in your crock pot for at least 4 hours or until completely cooked.
- Drain all juice produced in cooking process along with onions.
- Place meat on cutting board and pull apart with fork (it should be really tender).
- Put meat back in crock pot and add BBQ sauce.
- Put on your favorite bun and eat! That's it!
This is a great recipe for deer. Added a little hot shots to it but other than that it didnt need much else in my opinion. Thanks for posting, always looking for great venison recipes!
This was good. But, DH found it necessary to add some spices and hot sauce and who knows what else when I wasn't looking. I seriously don't think it was necessary to add all that water. I added only about 4 cups, still to much in my book. I got to try it before DH started adding things it was good but not the best. We will make again but with our changes. Thanks for posting. Made for My 3 Chefs Nov 2008