Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of the BEST venison burgers out there. If you like bacon, you will love this one. You could use ground beef as well. This is very kid friendly as well. If you are like me, I am always looking for a way to use all my ground Venison during Hunting Season.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 lbs ground venison
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 hamburger buns
- salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until brown and crispy. poor bacon drippings (reserve some to cook garlic and shallots in) and crumble the bacon and place in a large mixing bowl to let cool.
- Use reserves bacon drippings ans saute the garlic and shallots until softened. Add to the bacon and bacon drippings bowl.
- Once cooled, add the ground venison, Worcestershire, parsley, salt, pepper, and the beaten egg until evenly combined. Refrigerate about 20 minutes.
- Preheat outdoor grill for medium high heat.
- Shape into 6 patties ( this will make 6 LARGE patties) and grill until desired doneness. Serve on hamburger buns ( I usually brush my bun with some olive oil or butter on the inside of buns and grill them slightly on the grill.
- Serve with desired condiments and toppings ( grilled or sauted onions goes GREAT on these ! ). I usually top mine with cheese and more bacon and the onions. I always put a little condiment bar out with everything and let them pick it out.
Super yummy! Bacon makes the venison taste super moist and yummy. We made them sliders instead, because I have kids that never finish a whole burger and I found these cute slider buns at the store.
very nice, very easy, will definitely make again :)
had these on superbowl sunday.. BEST BURGER EVER!!!!!