Recipe by amanda.kindt
This is a recipe I found on several different websites. I haven't tried it yet, though but I'm in the process of making it for dinner tonight. I was told at our local wine store that for Claret wine any Bourdeaux wine would work fine.
- 1 (4 -6 lb) venison roast or 4 (1 lb) venison steak
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups claret wine
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (8 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the wine vinegar, water, salt, & 1/2 tspn of the worcestershire sauce.
- Pour this over the venison, cover, & refrigerate overnight or 8+ hours.
- Cover the bottom of a pan with the olive oil and heat over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic & onions.
- Saute until onions are clear.
- Meanwhile rub meat.
- with salt, the cay- enne flakes, & worcestershire sauce.
- Place the venison.
- into the pan and add the 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.
- Cover and place.
- in a preheated 325 degree F oven. Cook for 1/2 hour then add the wine & the.
- Bay leaves.
- Cook for 2 more hours being sure to baste the meat every 20-30.
- When 10 minutes of cooking time is left, remove the cover and.
- allow to brown!