Recipe by Charlotte J
For the hunters out there.
Top Review by Sandra W.
Surprisingly good! I added 1 T. tamari, but you could use soy sauce, also 3 gloves garlic, 2 carrots finely chopped and 1 tsp. better than bouillon beef base. Watch the salt and add pepper, delete the curry and add about a tsp. of mixed dried herbs. To comment on the rice...use hand parched lake rice. Much of the patty rice stays tough as previous commenter stated below. I cooked this in a heavy dutch oven on the stove for about 45 minutes. I am not a big venison fan, but this was good! I would make it again...maybe add a few mushrooms too!
- 1⁄2 lb venison (cubed)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup celery (finely diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1 cup raw wild rice
- 1⁄2 cup onion (finely diced)
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge venison cubes in flour.
- Brown in butter over medium to low heat.
- Add onion and garlic and continue cooking about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients except rice.
- Bring to boil.
- Add RAW WELL WASHED wild rice and pour in a 2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees about 1 hour, stirring twice while baking.