Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I have this, I don't remember where I got it from, but am submitting it for ZWT3.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs venison, stew meat, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups beer
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 3 drops hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- salt and pepper
- Brown the venison cubes in the oil in a heavy skillet.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and season to taste, cover and simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
- Thicken the liquid with a little flour.
- Serve over buttered noodles.
Made this for ZWT4 Family Picks it was fabulous. I did make it more as a soup as that was what DH wanted for supper. So I omitted the flour and then I made my own noodles. Thank you for the great flavor for venison. Made by a Chic Chef.
This was one of the best venison stews and so easy to put together. Will be a keeper!
My family enjoys venison so this was a great recipe to try on them. They loved it. Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.