Recipe by MarraMamba
courtesy of Highland Game, this recipe sounds wonderful You could use filet mignon with it, but i cant wait to use the venison. cooking time includes 10 minutes resting time
- 1 venison steak
- 12 small vol-au-vent cases
- 4 tablespoons cranberry sauce, preferably home-made
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 pinch long chives, to garnish
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a ridged griddle pan until smoking hot. Put the venison on the griddle to sear for 2-3 minutes then turn the heat down to medium and griddle without moving for another 2-3 minutes. Turn over and cook for a further three minutes. This is for rare meat cook for 2-3 minutes longer for medium rare.
- Lift onto a plate, cover with foil and leave to rest for ten minutes to allow the Venison to relax. You can leave this to become completely cold. Slice up as thinly as you can.
- Set out the pastry cases on a tray. Spoon a teaspoon of cranberry sauce into each case. Top with a twisted slice of rare venison. Add a blob of soured cream, a sprinkling of chopped chives and a couple of long chives to garnish. Grind over some black pepper and serve immediately before they go soggy.