Recipe by Chef Jeff Garland
Haven't tried this yet but I am looking for some new ideas for venison I haven't tried and this sounded different and good.
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cottage cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown together onion, mushroom, and ground venison in a heavy skillet.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Add pepper, ketchup and flour to skillet and cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Turn this meat mixture into the pie crust lined pan.
- Beat eggs and add cottage cheese.
- Pour this mixture over meat in the pie pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until filling is set, crust is golden, and topping is puffed.