Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This dish was the result of a standard recipe gone awry. It began as a variation of my Shepher'd Pie, but ended up something else entirely. What happened? I used too much water in making the brown gravy mix. Since package mixes can vary in the amount of water needed to make the gravy, I suggest doubling whatever water amount called for. That's what I did, accidently. The dish is still good, and goes well with bread slices and/or large biscuits to sop up the extra liquid. I'd like the thank Mean Chef for the name 'sostewserrole.'
- 1 lb cooked venison, diced
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen peas and carrot
- 1 (2 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 5 lbs potatoes, mashed
- Italian herb seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Prepare mashed potatoes and set aside.
- Combine cooked venison and browned ground beef in dutch oven.
- Add package of frozen peas and carrots.
- Mix well.
- Fix gravy mix and add to pot and stir.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- Bake, uncovered, in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spoon mashed potatoes over top, spreading to cover.
- Return to oven and continue to bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and gently stir, blending mashed potatoes into the mixture.
- Serve hot.