Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Although it is indicated as a marinade for 'meat,' it was probably meant for beef. This recipe is posted as prepare for participation in World Tour 4!
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups tomatoes, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, spicy
- In a glass bowl, combine all ingredients & mix well.
- Use immediately as a marinade for meat of your choice.
Excellent! It is spicy, but not too much heat. I especially loved the combination of curry, garlic and onion. I probably used a bit more of the fresh ground black pepper, but that's one of my loves. I used it as a marinade for a pork tenderloin. This is a keeper for sure, especially since there is no oil, and that's a good thing when you grill. Thanks so much, Sydney Mike for sharing this wonderful recipe.
Excellent marinade! I wasn't to sure about this because there is no oil or soy sauce. The normal ingredients in a marinade. I did cut the recipe in half and used it to marinade a scored flank steak. I marinated it for about 10 hours. It came out nice and tender with a touch of a tomato taste to it. Thanks for posting.
Aussie Swap #19: YUM!! We used this marinade on steaks and let it sit in the fridge for 3 hours before grilling! Awesome flavor - loved the cilantro!