Recipe by CindiJ
DH & I watched Hamm on the Street with George Duran and thought these hot dogs sounded good enough to try. What can I say...am now posting so I won't lose this incredible recipe.
- 8 hot dog buns, preferably potato
- 8 hot dogs, preferably pork
- 1 yellow onion
- 1⁄4 head green cabbage
- 1 (6 ounce) bag potato chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large pot that has a flat-bottomed steamer insert with water and bring it to a boil.
- Arrange the rolls in the steamer, put the hot dogs in the boiling water, and cover with the steamer and lid.
- Cook until the hot dogs are heated through and the rolls are warm and soft, about 5 minutes. Be careful not to over steam the rolls as they can become soggy.
- While the dogs are cooking, cut the onion into 6 smaller pieces, put them into a food processor, and pulse until they are finely chopped. Remove the onions to a bowl and do the same with the cabbage. Crush the potato chips into very fine pieces.
- Remove a roll from the steamer. Put a hot dog into it and top with some onion, cabbage, and crushed chips. Squirt on some mayonnaise, mustard, and ketchup and enjoy!