Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
DH & I watched Hamm on the Street with George Duran and thought these hot dogs sounded good enough to try. What can I say...am now posting so I won't lose this incredible recipe.
- 8 hot dog buns, preferably potato
- 8 hot dogs, preferably pork
- 1 yellow onion
- 1⁄4 head green cabbage
- 1 (6 ounce) bag potato chips
- Fill a large pot that has a flat-bottomed steamer insert with water and bring it to a boil.
- Arrange the rolls in the steamer, put the hot dogs in the boiling water, and cover with the steamer and lid.
- Cook until the hot dogs are heated through and the rolls are warm and soft, about 5 minutes. Be careful not to over steam the rolls as they can become soggy.
- While the dogs are cooking, cut the onion into 6 smaller pieces, put them into a food processor, and pulse until they are finely chopped. Remove the onions to a bowl and do the same with the cabbage. Crush the potato chips into very fine pieces.
- Remove a roll from the steamer. Put a hot dog into it and top with some onion, cabbage, and crushed chips. Squirt on some mayonnaise, mustard, and ketchup and enjoy!
These are one of my favorite hot dogs to make but I always lose the recipe. Thanks for posting!!
We tried this because we like potato chips on a bologna sandwich. It was a good tasty hot dogs. the rwa cabbage was a nice touch. Thanks CindyJ. Bullwinkle