1/1 Photo of Venezuelan Guasacaca (Without Avocado- Food Cart Version)
This recipe does not contain avocado. This is the kind of guasacaca you would find at food carts selling arepas on the calle de hambre (hunger streets) in Venezuela. Every family has their own recipe, and this is ours. Adjusting the taste is very simple once the ingredients are in the blender. Just add more of whatever you'd like.
My Private Note
mason j ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, roots and lower stems removed
- 1/4 bunch fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 purple onion, quartered
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, seeded and deveined
- 4 sweet peppers, halved (aji dulce)
- 4 garlic cloves, whole
- 6 tablespoons corn oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper, 1/4-1/2 cup water (to taste, reserved)
- 1Put all ingredients in blender
- 2Add some of the reserved water .
- 3Blend on coarse setting for 20 seconds.
- 4Stir, then repeat 2 more times, adding water if neccesary.
- 5You want a creamy and not watery consistency with very small chunks. It should be able to go through a “ketcup-like sqeezy bottle” (technical term).
- 6If you want avocado for a creamier version, just add one.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Venezuelan Guasacaca (Without Avocado- Food Cart Version)
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.7
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1168.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh parsley leaves