A delicious way to eat a healthy breakfast or supper, it's my own version, because instead of using sugar I add Splenda and light maple syrup. These are mouthwatering corn pancakes and they don't have flour. Really low fat, low calorie and they are my favorite food!Try them and let me know!
My Private Note
corn pa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1With a knife, remove the corn kernels from the cobs. Put the corn kernels and the other ingredients in the food processor and process. You must get a pancake-like consistency, not too thick.
- 2Preheat your griddle or a non-stick fry pan to medium high heat and lightly grease it with oil spray. Measure about half cup of the mixture and spread it with a round spoon over the pan until you get a circle of about 4 to 5 inches of diameter.
- 3When the surface starts to bubble, turn it over with a spatula and cook it on the other side. Each side takes about 2 minutes, depending on the thickness.
- 4Fill them with fresh cheese,in Venezuela, we fill them with "queso de mano" which is a white fresh cheese, delicious, but you could use for example a low fat soft white cheese or anything you want like nonfat slices of turkey or ham. Or even non-sugar jam Or no-fat cream cheese, ricotta, -- anything you want.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Venezuelan Corn Pancakes (Cachapas)
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.8
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 901.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light maple syrup