Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is from a Maracaibo, Venezuela restaurant.
Make and share this Venezuelan Beef Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 5 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 lb round steak
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup cooked ham, cubed
- 2 1⁄2 ounces chorizo sausage, halved lengthwise then sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 (4 ounce) package pepperoni, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cilantro, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons steak sauce (A1 sauce preferred)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, peeled cubed
- 1 cup white pearl onion
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a dutch oven, cook bacon until crispy. Set aside but reserve drippings.
- Trim fatty edges from round steak and then cube steak into 1 inch pieces. Toss beef meat with flour to coat.
- Brown beef in the drippings. Drain fat and then stir in next 13 ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add potatoes, onions and carrots. Cover and cook for 35 more minutes. Stir in the peas the last 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with bacon.