- 1⁄2 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground cinnamon, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice in one cup of water.
- Boil 7 minutes, until the rice gets softer and the water is almost absorbed.
- Add the milk, cinnamon sticks, lemon peel.
- Gently simmer using med-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks.
- Add sugar and salt and cook for about 20 minutes stirring frequently, until pudding is creamy and the rice soft.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate 'til cold.
- To serve, spoon into serving bowls and sprinkle with cinnamon.