Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another fast and easy recipe if you have all on hand.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups cooked navy beans
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- In a large frying pan over medium high heat, saute the onions, tomatoes and garlic in the oil, stirring frequently to prevent browning.
- Add the pasta, beans, parsley, oregano and basil.
- Heat through.
- Season to taste.
No pretense about this recipe: it's quick and a good filler, but don't expect too much culinary delights.