Recipe by Gadget_Queen
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis from Everyday Italian at DS's request.
Top Review by Messie Chef
Very good...rich. I am a huge Giada fan and make her recipes often. The spread in this sandwich is amazing, although very strong thanks to the gruyere. I would have liked the addition of something more in the sandwich rather than just turkey, and will likely add more next time. The cheese spread is the star so whatever is added cannot compete with the flavor. Made it on my panini press and with sourdough. Yummy! Thanks for posting!
- 8 ounces gruyere, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 12 ounces turkey, sliced
- 12 slices whole wheat bread or 12 slices sourdough bread, crusts removed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the cheese, butter, mustard, and garlic to food processor. Blend until thick, smooth and spreadable.
- Spread the cheese mixture over 1 side of each bread slice.
- Arrange the turkey slices over the cheese mixture on half of the bread slices.
- Top with the remaining bread slices and press gently.
- Cut the sandwiches in half.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a heavy skillet over medium-low heat. Cook half of the sandwiches until golden brown , about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to serving platter and tent with foil to keep them warm.
- Repeat with remaining 3 tablespoons of oil and sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.