4 hrs 20 mins
Adopted Parisian's Note:
Another homerun from Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee. This can be whipped together and put in the freezer until you serve it up! Note: Cook time is freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup butterscotch caramel sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (5 1/2 ounce) packages chocolate, caramel cookie bars (20 sticks total)
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar, shaved
- pastry dough, bag and a # 6 star tip (or resealable plastic bag)
- 1Line a (9 1/4 by 5 by 2 3/4-inch) metal loaf pan with 2 layers of plastic wrap, allowing 3 inches of plastic to hang over pan sides. Using a rubber spatula, press 1/4 of the coffee ice cream into pan.
- 2Drizzle 1 tablespoon of caramel topping over ice cream. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of pecans over caramel. Spread 1/4 of the vanilla ice cream over nuts. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of caramel topping over ice cream. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of pecans over caramel. Freeze for 20 minutes or until firm.
- 3Repeat layering of coffee ice cream, caramel, pecans, and vanilla ice cream 3 more times, freezing for 20 minutes between each layering. Fold plastic overhang atop cake to cover. Freeze for 4 hours or until frozen solid.
- 4To unmold, wrap hot damp towels around pan to loosen ice cream cake from pan. Fold back plastic from atop ice cream cake. Invert a large plate or serving platter atop the ice cream cake. Holding plate and pan together, invert cake onto plate. Remove pan from cake; peel off plastic wrap. Spoon whipped topping into pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe stripes or fluted lines atop cake. Freeze for 1 hour or until whipped topping is frozen solid.
- 5Let cake stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving. Meanwhile, slice caramel cookie bars in half and arrange, cut side down, around perimeter of cake. Sprinkle chocolate shavings over cake. Cut cake crosswise into slices; transfer cake slices to serving plates.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Venetian Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.9
- Calories from Fat 466
- Total Fat 51.8 g
- Saturated Fat 29.6 g
- Cholesterol 55.6 mg
- Sodium 235.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 42.1 g
- Protein 12.2 g