Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Try this for a special meal
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 1/2-3 1/2 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 4 dried mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, grated
- In a large bowl combine paprika, flour, salt, basil, pepper.
- Coat chicken pieces with mixture and set aside.
- Rinse mushrooms and break into small pieces (remove and discard thick stems).
- Place mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and onion in a crock pot.
- Place chicken pieces on top.
- In a bowl, combine wine, if using, and tomato sauce and lemon peel.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cook LOW 5-6 hours or til chicken is tender.
- Serving suggestions:.
- Serve over cooked pasta, top with grated parmesan cheese and parsley.