1/2 Photos of Venetian Calf's Liver with Onions
For liver and onion lovers....here's the Venetian "real deal". From an Alitalia Airlines book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy 8 or 10 inch skillet.
- 2Add onions and cook over moderate heat, for 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3Stir in the sage, cook 2-3 minutes longer, until the onions are limp and lightly colored.
- 4Set aside, off heat.
- 5Pat the liver strips dry with paper towels and season them with salt and a few grindings of pepper.
- 6In another large heavy skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil until a light haze forms over it.
- 7Drop in the liver strips and saute them, turning frequently, for 2 or 3 minutes, or until they are lightly browned on all sides.
- 8Stir in the onions and cook with the liver for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 9Transfer the liver and onions to a heated platter.
- 10Immediately pour the white wine vinegar into the skillet and deglaze.
- 11Pour the sauce over the liver and onions and sprinkle with the chopped parsely.
- 12Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Venetian Calf's Liver with Onions
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.1
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 377.4 mg
- Sodium 89.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar