Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
These beans are so good, they'll make you want to slap your dawg! (Note - It's just an expression, I'm not promoting animal abuse.)
- green beans (fresh or canned, you determine how much you want)
- 1 slice ham fat
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place the ham fat on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Then put the beans on top (if using fresh, don't forget to string and snap them).
- Add the red pepper and enough water to cover the beans.
- Cook on high overnight (about 8 hours).
- If needed add salt to taste.
this seems to be a very good recipe i think we are going to enjoy this very much thank you darlene stone